10 Best Practices for Writing Efficient and Maintainable React Applications
Learn the best practices for building efficient, maintainable, and scalable React applications. From optimizing performance to managing state and props effectively, this post covers the essential tips and tricks for becoming a React pro.
In this series, we’ll explore the
Tao of React, a set of guiding principles for building
We’ll discuss the importance of designing and architecting your React app as a whole, and we’ll cover best practices such as building reusable and composable components, managing state and props effectively, and optimizing performance through techniques such as
lazy loading and
Whether you’re new to React or you’re looking to improve your skills, this series will provide valuable insights and tips for writing high-quality React apps.
Tao translates as ‘the Way’ or ‘the Path.’ i.e
Tao or Reactmeans
The way of React
Here is the list of chapters in this series :
- Use functional components and hooks whenever possible
- Use the React Context API for managing global state
- Use the React memo and useMemo hook to optimize performance
- Use the React.lazy and Suspense components to implement code-splitting
- Follow a unidirectional data flow
- Use prop types to ensure that components receive the correct props
- Use the React Developer Tools browser extension
- Use a linter to enforce code style and prevent common mistakes
- Follow a consistent naming convention
- Write tests to ensure that your components are working correctly
Here is a great book from Alex Kondov Tao of React that best illustrates Software Design, Architecture & Best Practices.